Whether you eat fresh tuna steaks or tuna in a can available as either albacore or light, eating tuna contributes to a healthy diet. Despite the fact that tuna, along with other marine life, contains mercury, consumed in moderation tuna provides protein, vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids with very little saturated fat. I wouldn't recommend eating tuna much if you are pregnant or breastfeeding due to the mercury content.
Ingredients: Makes 10
- 300g Tuna, canned in fresh water, WELL drained
- 20g pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- large clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2cm piece of ginger coarsely grated
- zest of one lemon
- deseeded chilli, finely chopped
- handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 omega 3 enriched egg
- Ensure your tuna is well drained.
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a large pan.
- Form little patties with the mixture and cook for about 3 minutes each side until hot throughout and browned on the outside.
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe. Keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for updates and feel free to ask me any questions you may have.