Put the power of self-massage into your own hands with this self-care programme that empowers you to personally adopt and a simple and effective self-care regimen using the unique Roll Model Balls.
Melt away stress and tranquillise your nervous system with this self-massage class. You will learn how to use the Roll Model® Therapy Balls with their focused movement and muscular release routines to find your body's tension patterns. The specially designed high-grip rubber penetrate through layers of skin and muscle to massage deeply into your tissues to unbind stiffness and relax your entire body.
In this whole-body, self-soothing class you will learn how to:
- massage your entire body top to toe: jaw, neck, shoulders, rotator cuff, back, hips, IT band, calves and feet.
- unburden your areas of high-tension
- release knots and trigger points
- mobilise and lengthen scar tissue
- revive overworked muscles
- get into those hard to reach nooks and crannies that you just wish you could reach
- soothe the body’s “Fight or Flight” stress responses
- keep your body supple and strong and prevent injuries using self-care with the Therapy Balls
- Classes are 11am Irish time. Class is 1 hour long.
- Fee: €10, payment is required in advance to secure a place.
- Spaces fill very quickly, so book in as early as possible.
Self Massage Benefits:
- Improve sports performance and recovery
- Improve your breathing capacity
- Increase mobility and flexibility
- Help reduce inflammation
- Improve your circulation and boost your lymphatic system
- Break dysfunctional holding patterns
- Reeducate your tissues’ pain perception
- Induce deliciously deep sleep
- Tune into your parasympathetic nervous system, the “rest/digest/repair” phenomenon of being truly relaxed.
WHO SHOULD USE THE Roll Model® Method?
Everyone! We are in an unprecedented momentum towards motionless lifestyles. Thanks to our amazing connective tissues, over many hours of repeated positioning, we adapt to become our most practised shape. What is your most practised shape?
The Roll Model Balls are a wonderful way to quickly prepare tissues that may be sore, bound up from accidents & injuries or are stiff from sitting in cars or chairs. It can be enormously helpful to those whose bodies are in agony from being seated at a desk 40+ hours a week.
I GO FOR REGULAR TREATMENTS/MASSAGES, DO I NEED TO MASSAGE MYSELF?
Due to my overuse of certain muscles, I began having weekly massages and occasional physio. At €50 per session, it adds up! Over a year that is €2400! That's a nice holiday! I don't think I had had that many in a single year but I do think that is what I would have spent on them all over the years. I do feel attending an experienced massage or neuromuscular therapist is definitely needed at times. I certainly needed it. The massage balls are a fantastic way to tide you over until your next treatment.
You might have spent hours gardening, painting, cycling, golfing or whatever it is that makes you achy. Unless you have a Physical Therapist on stand by, I suggest you get rolling! You can spend as little as five minutes and gain instant relief while you are waiting on your next appointment.
I so enjoy spending as much time as I need rubbing out my knots and achy areas. And there is nothing like getting into a hot bath or straight into bed after giving yourself a full-body massage or easing tense shoulders.
Combining the Roll Model® Method and Physical Therapy/Massage would certainly be the ideal protocol for amazing pain relief/wellbeing.
I HAVE A FOAM ROLLER, ISN'T IT THE SAME AS MASSAGE THERAPY BALLS?
I still use foam rollers in my classes, but not for massage anymore. Why?
Harder foam rollers are less tolerable to your tissues and may cause a stiffening reaction or contraction in the muscle spindles prolonging muscle tension, not resolving it. Roll Model Ball's have a gentle “give” which encourages tension release of tight tissues. Additionally, the malleability and size of the Roll Model Balls allow access to our body’s smaller nooks and crannies and the ability to move around bony areas without bruising. The grippy surface of the Roll Model Balls catch on skin to create that what scientists call ‘shear,’ a mechanical term meaning one layer (skin/soft tissue) is pulled away from underneath layers, to help free the stuck muscle and connective tissue.
Also, have you ever tried to take your foam roller with you everywhere? One of the many advantages of Therapy balls is their size. You can pop them in your gym bag, suitcase, handbag so you have them when you need them.
This portable sustainable practice will help you to maintain your own body, prevent injuries and save you time and money on costly treatments.
Join me on one of my Roll Model® Method classes where I will guide you through self-care and self-massage techniques. Help yourself to feel better in your body every day!