I was very close to naming these Paleo Peanut Butter cookies until my boyfriend reminded me that peanuts aren't Paleo. A perfect example of why I don't follow the Paleo diet. Unless you're allergic I don't see why peanuts are "unhealthy".
The plate in the picture was devoured within a half hour with a cup of tea, so beware! Make when you are expecting company. While these are a healthier version of a cookie, I wouldn't eat too many of them at once :-/
- 250g of ground almonds
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter, organic, 100% peanuts
- 3-4 tbsp of coconut oil
- 4-5 tbsp of maple syrup/honey
- Set the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the ground almonds with the baking soda and salt.
- In your food processor, blend the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup together.
- Pour this into the almond mix and fold until fully combined.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and roll out into small balls, placing each on a baking paper lined roasting tray. Squish the ball down into a cookie shape and repeat for the rest of the mixture. Space the cookies out evenly so that they don’t stick together.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Allow them to cool before tucking in!