Firstly I have to confess that I'm not crazy about avocados. I wish I was as they're so nutritious. You'll soon know by the recipe content that I have a love for Mexican food, it's possibly beaten Italian to the top spot. I have a serious weakness for nachos so I save them for my cheat meals.
My favourite dip is guacamole, not crazy about salsa or sour cream. So when I searched for avocado recipes imagine my delight when I spotted Guacamole!!!!
I got making this straight away and nearly devoured the whole bowl. I love it!
- 2 medium ripe but firm avocados
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 finely diced onion, spring onion and pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- bunch fresh coriander leaf, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Half the avocados, and remove the stones.
- Scoop the avocado out of the shells with a spoon into a shallow bowl
- Mash with a fork, potato masher, or pastry blender until smooth
- Mix in the remaining ingredients
- Taste and adjust the seasonings
- Put in the fridge for 1/2 hour or more to let the flavours get to know one another.
- Devour immediately - guacamole is a poor keeper.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, bell pepper strips and asparagus spears (steamed).
*Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible. For short-term storage, seal in an airtight container with a piece of plastic wrap directly against the surface of the guacamole.
I hope you'll enjoy this recipe. Let me know how this turns out for you! Tag me in your pictures on Instagram, @PilatesBarreDlk I'd love to see them!
[…] Guacamole […]