I’ve made this delicious dish today and it was so good, I couldn’t wait to share it with you.
I've wanted to add to my collection of go-to quinoa recipes for a while now. I think this is a winner. It has my favourite veggie, mushrooms with some iron rich spinach and some garlic to add some more delicious flavour.
It’s so simple and comes together so easily! Plus it is dairy and gluten free, rich in protein and fibre.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- coconut oil for cooking
- 1 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- big handful fresh spinach,
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside. (You can do this in advance and keep in the fridge.)
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes until mushrooms are tender and acquire a nice, golden-brown colour. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fresh spinach to the skillet, reduce heat to low, cover the skillet with the lid and let mushrooms and spinach cook for about 1 minute or less, until spinach just begins to wilt.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and cook on low heat for another minute until spinach wilts even more and quinoa warms up.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil and stir until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
Free Printable Meal Planner
Would you like to learn how to take the stress out of meal times and help your family thrive?
Subscribe below for your free printable that will make meal planning so much easier.