This hearty and delicious winter soup is just what your body needs to boost your immune system, and warm up your insides on a chilly winter night.
Curry powder contains turmeric, a fantastic anti inflammatory!
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil (organic, cold pressed)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- (Substitute sweet potatoes if you like.)
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup red lentils, well rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 3 cups spinach, cut into strips
- Sea salt and cayenne to taste
- Slivered almonds, for garnish
- In a large pot, warm coconut oil over low-medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions become translucent, four to five minutes.
- Add curry powder and salt and sauté another minute.
- Add butternut squash, carrots, cauliflower, lentils, and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in ginger and spinach.
- Add sea salt and cayenne to taste.
- Garnish with slivered almonds.
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe. Keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for updates and feel free to ask me any questions you may have.