Lycopene is present in all red fruits and vegetables, but its concentrations are highest in tomatoes and it becomes more readily available and biologically active when it comes from cooked tomatoes.
Lycopene is currently the most powerful antioxidant which has been measured in food and is thought to play a role in preventing cancer and heart disease.
This soup is so quick and easy to make! You can easily get a nice intake of this powerhouse for lunch!
Get the Information and Motivation You Need to Kick-Start Your Healthy Lifestyle Goals with my
FREE 7 Day Healthy Habits Challenge!
This challenge Will Help You to Feel Your Best,
No Matter How Busy You Are!
Registration is FREE, but Spaces are Limited.
Claim Your Spot by Entering Your Info Below.
- Coconut oil
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- handfull of fresh basil leaves, washed and dried (keep some for a garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a large baking dish with coconut oil.
- Chop tomatoes in half, quarter the onions, crush and roughly chop the garlic and roughly chop the basil leaves. Throw all ingredients in the baking dish and toss to mix together.
- Bake for half an hour. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour soup into blender in small batches and blend on high for about 1 minute for each batch. Be careful not to overfill blender and hold the lid tightly down while blending.
- Pour soup back into saucepan and reheat briefly before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil.