Firstly I have to confess that I'm not crazy about avocados. I wish I was as they're so nutritious. You'll soon know by the recipe content that I have a love for Mexican food, it's possibly beaten Italian to the top spot. I have a serious weakness for nachos so I save them for my cheat meals.
My favourite dip is guacamole, not crazy about salsa or sour cream. So when I searched for avocado recipes imagine my delight when I spotted Guacamole!!!!
I got making this straight away and nearly devoured the whole bowl. I love it!
Get the Information and Motivation You Need to Kick-Start Your Healthy Lifestyle Goals with my
FREE 7 Day Healthy Habits Challenge!
This challenge Will Help You to Feel Your Best,
No Matter How Busy You Are!
Registration is FREE, but Spaces are Limited.
Claim Your Spot by Entering Your Info Below.
- 2 medium ripe but firm avocados
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 finely diced onion, spring onion and pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- bunch fresh coriander leaf, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Half the avocados, and remove the stones.
- Scoop the avocado out of the shells with a spoon into a shallow bowl
- Mash with a fork, potato masher, or pastry blender until smooth
- Mix in the remaining ingredients
- Taste and adjust the seasonings
- Put in the fridge for 1/2 hour or more to let the flavours get to know one another.
- Devour immediately - guacamole is a poor keeper.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, bell pepper strips and asparagus spears (steamed).
*Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible. For short-term storage, seal in an airtight container with a piece of plastic wrap directly against the surface of the guacamole.