Thousands of years ago in ancient Mesoamerica, chocolate was created. It was once something pure. Without butter and milk. Without refined sugar. Not as we know it now, Kit Kats and Mars bars etc. With this recipe, you won't miss them anyway. Your cravings will be satisfied and you will feel great.
Cacao promotes feelings of love and joy. It contains the neurotransmitter anandamide known as the “bliss chemical.” Even better- cacao ALSO contains anandamide inhibitors, keeping the compound from breaking down quickly and the feeling of cacao anadamide lasting longer, so we feel great longer!
This is not to say that we should eat cacao often- and certainly not every day! It is a very occasional treat. Cacao contains caffeine and toxic compounds such as theobromine. It has taken off in the raw food world because it tastes good and people want so badly to believe it is good for them since it is a tasty treat. But the reality is that we do not need it at all in the diet for nutritive value- it is a treat and must be treated as such!
Get the Information and Motivation You Need to Kick-Start Your Healthy Lifestyle Goals with my
FREE 7 Day Healthy Habits Challenge!
This challenge Will Help You to Feel Your Best,
No Matter How Busy You Are!
Registration is FREE, but Spaces are Limited.
Claim Your Spot by Entering Your Info Below.
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups ground almonds
- ½ cup raw honey
- tiny splash of vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- Combine all the ingredients except for the coconut flakes in a large bowl and mix thoroughly until it resembles a cookie dough.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a teaspoon, scoop out a small portion of the dough. With your hands (I would recommend dipping your finger tips in water to prevent sticking) roll the dough into small balls. Add your love!
- Place the shredded coconut into a shallow bowl or plate and roll the balls in the mixture until completely covered with the shredded coconut.
- Place the truffles into the refrigerator to chill and set for at least 30 minutes. Then share with a loved one for a sweet and healthy treat. I made them the day before I needed them. For best results, keep the truffles in the refrigerator.